National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is an entrance examination for admission to MBBS courses in various medical colleges all across the country. Earlier,as of NEET 2021 Updates different medical institutes like AIIMS and PGIMER used to conduct separate medical entrance tests for admission in their MBBS courses. But from the 2020-21 academic session, NEET is the medical examination for candidates to get admission to undergraduate medical programmes, i.e. MBBS and BDS in India. Expectations say that NEET 2021 will take place in May 2021.Stay Tuned with NEET 2021 Updates.
- NEE.T 2020 has been conducted successfully on September 13, 2020 from 2 pm to 5 pm.
- Though, candidates who are planning to appear for NEET can go through the paper analysis of 2020 to get an idea about the type of questions, difficulty level, weightage of sections, etc.
The conduct of NEET 2021 will be in pen and paper mode throughout the country. Candidates will have to follow the exam pattern set by the NTA. The pattern will have 3 main sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, and will pose a total of 180 questions. However, CBSE has decided to reduce the syllabus from Class IX to XII and this could also have an impact on the syllabus of NEET 2021.
Other Details about NEET 2021
- Moreover, applicants will have the liberty to take NEET 2021 in any of the 11 languages offered: Hindi, Tamil, English, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Urdu, and Telugu. Also, There will be a reservation criteria for individuals who come from the economically weaker sections, SC/ST category, OBC) and PWD category. These will be 10%, 15%, 7.5%, 27%, and 5% respectively. Also, a plea is filed in Delhi High Court seeking quota in Medical Colleges that demands 27% OBC Reservation in NEET. Read Complete Report Here
- NEET 2021 will conduct in 155 cities, including Ladakh and will house more than 2,546 test centers. However,there is increase in the number of exam center’s to 3843 from 2546 in order to conduct the exam safely in the situation of pandemic. Check NEET Exam Centers
What’s new in NEET 2021?
So far there is no update regarding any change in the exam by the authorities. However, candidates can expect a change in the syllabus as CBSE has already the syllabus for class XI and XII.
- The mode of exam, pattern, marking scheme, distribution of marks, duration, etc apparently remains the same.
- Moreover, there is no change in the eligibility criteria.
- NEET is the only qualifying exam to get admission in MMBS, BDS, AIIMS, JIPMER etc.
NEET 2021 Eligibility
Before applying for the examination, candidates must check the eligibility criteria set by the National Testing Agency (NTA), India. Only the candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can appear in the examination. Below is the eligibility of the Examination. Students should take a quick view of all the details before making an application.
|Nationality||Candidates who are Indian nationals, OCI (Overseas citizens of India), and NRIs can apply for the examination.|
|Qualifying Exam||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination or its equivalent from an accredited Board or University. Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology should have been mandatory subjects in the qualifying exam.|
|Qualifying Marks||Candidates must obtain at least 50% marks in case of General category, 45% for General-PH category candidates and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC category candidates in the qualifying exam. Those who still have to appear in their qualifying exam after NEET 2021 can also apply for NEET, but their admission will be provisional subject to their result.|
|Age Limit||The minimum age limit for the applicant should be 17 years as on 31st Dec, 2021. There is no current upper age limit for NEET. However, this provision is conditional on the basis of the decision made by the supreme court of India. There is no limit on the number of attempts a student can make.|
For More Details Click Coachingwale.Com