Mathematics (For a person who intends to be a teacher for classes VI to VIII)
Level 2 Mathematics
- Indices : Multiplication and division of numbers on equal bases, Laws of Indices.
- Algebraic expressions: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division, Identities
- Factors : factors of simple algebraic expressions
- Equations : Simple linear equation.
- Square & Square Root
- Cube & Cube Root
- Interest : Simple interest, Compound interest, Profit – Loss.
- Ratio and Proportion : Division into proportional parts, Partnership.
- Percentage, Birth and Death rate, Population growth, Depreciation,
- Lines and Angles : Line segment, straight and curved lines, types of angles.
- Plane figures : Triangles, Congruence of triangles, Quadrilaterals and Circle.
- Area of Plane figures : Triangles, Rectangles, Parallelograms and Trapeziums.
- Surface Area and Volume : cube, cuboid and right circular cylinder.
- Statistics : collection and classification of data, frequency distribution table, Tally marks, bar graph and histogram, circular graph (pai diagram).
- Graph: Various types of graphs.
- Nature of Mathematics/Logical thinking
- Place of Mathematics in Curriculum
- Language of Mathematics
- Community Mathematics
- Remedial Teaching
- Problems of Teaching
Level -2 Science
- Micro-organisms: Bacteria, virus, fungi (Beneficial & Harmful)
- Living Being: different parts of plants, nutrition in plants, respiration and excretion, plant cell and animal cell- their structure and Function, Cell Division.
- Human body and health: Either Diseases spread by micro-organisms, (tuberculosis , measles , diphtheria, cholera, typhoid); prevention from diseases; different systems of human body ; infectious diseases (reasons of spreading and prevention); Major components of food and diseases developed due to their deficiency; Balanced diet;
- Animal Reproduction and Adolescence: Methods of Reproduction; Sexual and asexual. Adolescence and puberty: Changes in body, role of hormones in reproductions, Reproductive health
- Force and Motion: Types of forces- (muscular force, frictional force, gravitational force, magnetic force, electrostatic force),Pressure.
Types of motion (linear, zigzag, circular, vibrating, periodic) speed.
Types of energies- traditional and alternative sources of energy; energy conservation;
- Heat: applications of heat; transformation of heat, concept of temperature; melting, boiling and evaporation; condensation and sublimation; examples of thermal expansion in daily life; insulator and conductor of heat; Methods of heat transfer (conduction, convention and radiation).
- Light & Sound: sources of light, formation of shadow, reflection of light, image formation in plane mirror, Types of sound, sound propagation Characteristics of sound, echo, noise and methods to reduce noise.
- Science and Technology: Importance of science in daily life; Synthetic Fibers & Plastics–Types and characteristics of synthetic fibers. Plastic and its properties, Plastic and environment, detergents, cement, etc.; Science and Technology in medical field (X-ray, C.T. Scan, Surgery, Ultrasound and LASER) ; In the field of Telecommunication – general information about fax machine, computer, internet, e-mail and website.
- Solar System: Moon and stars, Solar family-Sun and Planets, Comets, Constellation
- Structure of Matter; Atom and molecule; structure of atom; element, compound and mixture; separation of impurities of substances; symbols of elements; chemical formulae of compounds and chemical equations.
- Chemical Substances: Oxides, green house effect and global warming, Hydrocarbon (Introductory knowledge), Acide, Alkali and salt, Oxygen gas, Nitrogen gas and nitrogen cycle, Coal, Petroleum and natural gas
- Nature & Structure of Sciences
- Natural Science : Aims & objectives
- Understanding the Science
- Methods of Science teaching
- Text Material/Aids
- Remedial Teaching
So, what are you waiting for????. Download the App Now!