The Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2021 will be conducted in four test cycles. It will be held in a total of 16 days from the month February to May. The exam will have a total of 4.14 lakh questions and 384 question papers in 12 different languages. Thus, the registration for the examination will begin later this week.
Since the engineering entrance exam will be held once each month, candidates will be given the window of a week to apply for the exam in the subsequent month. The results of JEE Main 2021 will be announced in four to five days after the exams end.
The first session of the Joint Entrance Exam Main (JEE Main) 2021 will take place from February 22 to 25, the National Testing Agency (NTA) announced on Tuesday. The exam will be held in 12 languages. The option of language for question paper should be exercised by the candidates while filling up the JEE Main application form online and it cannot be changed at a later stage.
Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal had hinted in his live interaction with students, teachers, and parents on December 10 that JEE Main may be held more than twice a year.
How to apply
– Candidates can apply for JEE Main 2021 through NTA website – jeemain.nta.nic.in.
– The JEE Main application form in any other mode will not be accepted.\
– The test papers will be available in 12 languages.
– Eligibility criteris for JEE Main 2021
– There is no age limit for the candidates.
– Candidates who have qualified Class 12 or equivalent examination in 2019, 2020, or will be appearing in 2021 will be eligible for JEE Main 2021.
– The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central or State Board.
– Students who have qualified Class 12 or equivalent examination in 2018 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2022 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2021.
In the JEE Advanced 2020, 8754 out of 2.2 lakh candidates were from a vernacular medium. Hence the conducting body of JEE, the National Testing Agency (NTA), feels that holding the test in vernacular languages can help candidates improve their rankings.
According to the official notification, in the first attempt, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking an examination and will know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the next time.